Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Ocean


    People have often looked up at the stars and hoped that someone would be looking back. People have looked into others faces and searched for love, and they reach out hands begging for someone to pick them up. When did we forget that we really all belong to one another. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a proponent of personal responsibility, and with my responsibility I can tell the world that I belong to them. I don’t expect the world to need me, but I need the world.

    Someday I plan to settle down and start making a family of my own. However I realized that my overemphasis on the individual has separated me from the people that I already belonged to. I couldn’t even understand that the world was giving me signs all along. My mind gave me the perfect tools to rationalize what is totally useless as being useless. The all-importance of what I’m doing.  I don’t know who you are but I love you.

    Love that had been restricted to my romantic partner now set free. Freedom to love the elderly, the sick, anyone on the street, anyone I might meet, I might not know how to connect to you or even know you exist but I love you. I love the life that is placed not under my feet, but all around me and everywhere.

    My heart is already reaching, as the wave leaves foam on the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment